Your consumers, employees and supporters have stories to tell. And through their stories, your true brand narrative can emerge.
SMS delivers authentic and emotional narratives directly from consumers, employees and stakeholders to brands and organizations who want to listen and learn. It’s a bridge that creates conversations through which JMI helps companies understand how their communities think, feel and connect with brands and each other. SMS also tells the stories of our customers and their respective consumers and stakeholders in a unique way. It’s a platform on the cutting edge of artificial intelligence and insights.
Our brand storytelling solution also works well as a tool for employee engagement and learning, and for community engagement and listening.
Creating Insights Through Stories
SMS creates insights for brands and organizations through personal, experiential storytelling. More in-depth than focus groups and more scalable than ethnography, we blend storytelling, qualitative research and analytics to help better understand consumers’ lives and experiences and what really motivates them on an emotional level. Thanks to our recent acceptance into IBM’s Global Entrepreneur Program, we’re leveraging Watson’s AI and cognitive technologies to provide deeper and more meaningful insights on a much larger scale. With that level of understanding, brands can better solve their consumers’ (or other stakeholders’) problems and strengthen relationships with them.
How It Works
First, we bring consumers (or employees, community members and other stakeholders) together to create and share personal stories with the brand. These stories are created and shared in online brand communities like Food for Thought:
Personal stories are also created and shared through our in-person storytelling workshop, the Shared Narrative Experience:
We provide coaching, tools and templates to help consumers create their stories online or in-person, in real-time, and then we guide them through the process of sharing those stories within the brand community.
Once stories have been shared with the brand, we use powerful AI tools to analyze the stories and extract meaning. Working with Johnson Marketing, we combine brand and organizational acumen, storytelling expertise and powerful AI tools to produce unique, experience-based insights and engagement for brands.
- We helped a Fortune 200 energy company develop insights focused on the consumer experience through our digital platform and unique storytelling workshop approach
- We helped a Fortune 200 consumer packaged goods company and its employees learn and engage through a diversity and inclusion storytelling workshop
- We helped the Richmond Region’s preeminent leadership development organization accelerate connection by focusing on personal purpose and impact stories in our experiential workshops
- We helped the global leader in the foodservice industry drive audience growth and client engagement by sharing food recovery stories on our platform and across social media (learn more)
- We helped a Fortune 200 consumer packaged goods company explore community leadership and collaboration through our experiential storytelling workshop
- We’re helping one of the leading water, sanitation and hygiene NGOs gain insight and build brand awareness by sourcing and sharing advocacy and program country stories our platform and across social media (learn more)
- We’ve published hundreds of personal narratives on our digital platform, sharemorestories.com, focused on the emotional impacts and drivers of various life experiences, ranging from overcoming personal challenges to celebrating the “everyday joys” of life
Check out some of our recent projects in more detail.
If you want to learn more about how Johnson Marketing and Share More Stories can help you achieve this level of brand and organizational insight and engagement, let’s talk. You can use the contact form, or call us at 804.644.8515.
Follow us on LinkedIn for our daily curation of everything that’s happening in the world of storytelling, especially as it relates to companies, brands, nonprofits and organizations. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook for even more curated content related to stories and the people who share them.