Best Ever Thanksgiving Story Contest
Do you have a great Thanksgiving memory that you can put into a story? What about those family stories and events that are bound to come up at the dinner table this year, and become a great story for years to come? Well get your pens, pencils, iPhones and iPads ready because we are running The Best Ever Thanksgiving Story Contest through December 5, 2014!
We all know that plenty of good stories can come from the experiences we share during Thanksgiving. Whether it’s listening to Grandma share the family’s history, remembering that funny story involving your crazy uncle from ten years ago, or watching your family and friends create a hilarious new memory right on the spot, there’s bound to be a story to tell. When you combine family, new and old friends, travel, preparation, cooking and dinner, you have the perfect recipe for shared stories.
Below are some guidelines for your story. Take a quick look, and then get ready to capture some great stories this Thanksgiving and share them with us here at sharemorestories.com!
Stay in touch and get updates on the contest at https://www.facebook.com/events/871175379573692/.
- The contest runs from November 25 at 6:00 pm to December 5, 2014 at 11:59 pm.
- Contest entry takes place in the form of a story submitted and published in entirety on sharemorestories.com.
- While we love to read a variety of stories, eligible entries for this contest will be Thanksgiving-inspired personal narratives, family memories or short fiction between 300 and 2,500 words.
- In order to enter, each contestant must be a registered user on sharemorestories.com to have access to post their story. No purchase is necessary.
- Entries will be voted on by our sharemorestories.com team, our decision will be final and the winner will be notified individually via the email associated with their user accounts, and announced on our Facebook and Twitter page by Friday December 19, 2014.
- The first 100 stories submitted will be eligible for the contest.
- We’ll choose the winners based on what moves us or entertains us the most! Feel free to include pictures in your story as well.
- Prizes will be given for one winner for first place, one winner for second place and one winner for third place.
- First place: the winner will receive the Share More Stories “Oh The Places You’ll Go” perk package from our campaign on igg.me/at/sharemorestories which includes a custom Share More Stories tote bag, a cool Share More Stories sticker for your laptop, tablet or notebook, and having your story featured for two weeks and promoted twice on our social sites.
- Second Place: the winner will receive the Share More Stories “Your Just Full of Ideas” perk package from our campaign on igg.me/at/sharemorestories which includes the AquaNotes® waterproof notepad and having your story featured for two weeks and promoted twice on our social sites
- Third Place: the winner will receive the Share More Stories “Coffee and Stories Go Together” perk package from our campaign on igg.me/at/sharemorestories which includes a $5 Starbucks gift card and having your story featured for two weeks and promoted twice on our social sites.
- Content that does not meet our general content guidelines will be removed, and content that does not meet these specific contest guidelines will not be considered for the contest.
- It’s all on the up and up: team members of sharemorestories.com and their immediate family members are not eligible.